Thursday, July 28, 2011

Why Hawaii can suck

DD has outgrown her swing set. So, I've been on the hunt for a new one. I found a great set on sale from $189 to $99 at Kmart. I checked out the reviews, made sure it wasn't too large, etc. And then I saw it. "Click here for Alaska and Hawaii pricing." I clicked. I threw up in my mouth a little. In Hawaii, the same swing set costs $206! More than the MSRP!!!

My neighbor and I agreed we'd split the cost of the set so we've both been on the hunt. She suggested Walmart's Site-to-Store. Again, found a great set for a great price ($149) but Hawaii isn't eligible for Site-to-Store service. Grrrr... I've even been stalking Craigslist everyday with no luck.

Oh, and did I mention that when DH put on a t-shirt last night, there was a centipede in it?!?!?

*sigh*

2 comments:

  1. Ewww to the centipede! And that is EXTREMELY annoying about the swingset...so sorry! :( There should be some kind of special deal for those living on base. That's just crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bex, I don't live on post. We do have the PX which offers items at a discount (and tax free) but they don't carry swing sets.

    ReplyDelete