Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Control freak

I can be a bit of a control freak. I'm a planner. I like to know what I'm doing and when I'm doing it. I love making lists and, consequently, crossing things off of them. One of my best Christmas presents was a label maker. 

The ironic part is that I'm also an Army wife and so my life is not my own. I've learned to write things in pencil, not pen and not to look more than a few days out when planning anything unless I'm ok with the fact that I might have to do it myself. I've gotten SO much better about things being up in the air and uncertain and have learned to be more "go with the flow." Just ask DH!

But if there's one thing that gives me heart palpitations, it's talking about our next PCS. And, today, DH met with his assignments officer to talk about what could be next for us. We already had one assignment "pulled" from us. Then, we were under the impression that we could be leaving our current location in early spring. Now, it looks like we are back to our usual summer rotation. But where to next? It's killing me not knowing and it will take every bit of strength I have left to resist pouncing on DH the minute he walks in to find out what he was told today.

I'm hoping for the mainland, but would love to be back on the east coast. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment