The first is a dinner that my husband loves and is super simple. The original recipe is called Garlic-Lemon Double Stuffed Chicken. I generally don't have lemon products on hand so that was hurdle number one. I also generally don't have cream cheese, but I happened to have a tub of Philadelphia savory garlic cooking cream so this happened...
Garlic and Cheese Stuffed Chicken
- oil, for greasing pan
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 Tablespoons Philadelphia savory garlic cooking creme
- 4 Cheddar cheese slices
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a shallow baking dish with oil.
- Slice each breast in half horizontally, careful to not cut all the way through.
- Place one T of cooking cream and 1 slice of cheese, folded in half in the center of each breast. Close each breast and set aside.
- Pour milk into a shallow bowl. In a separate bowl, combine bread crubs and Romano cheese.
- Dip each breast in milk and then bread crumb mixture, then place in baking dish.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in garlic, garlic salt and paprika. Drizzle over chicken.
- Bake for 30 minutes of until no longer pink.
If you want a print-friendly recipe, click here.
The second recipe I took on is a dessert, another that I found on Pinterest called Better Than Sex Chex Mix. Unfortunately, I couldn't find two of the main ingredients at my grocery store, so I did some substituting and voila!
Another husband-approved dessert. The USMA Cadets we sponsor loved it and called it addicting. You've been warned!
Candy Crunch Chex Mix
- 8 cups (approximately one box) Vanilla Chex cereal
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 6 Tablespoons butter
- 3 Tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, mini size (not miniature -- mini don't have wrappers)
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup caramel bits
- 2 Tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate baking chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate baking chips
- Place cereal into a large microwavable bowl and set aside.
- Line cookie sheet with foil.
- In a separate microwavable bowl, place brown sugar, butter and corn syrup and heat on high 1 to 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute, until melted and smooth. Stir in baking soda until dissolved and pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated.
- Microwave cereal on high for 3 minutes, stirring every minute. Spread on cookie sheet and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Break cereal mixture into bite-sized pieces. DO NOT CONTINUE TO NEXT STEP UNLESS COMPLETELY COOL.
- Sprinkle mini peanut butter cups and marshmallows over Chex mixture.
- In a small microwavable bowl, microwave caramel bits and cream 1 Tablespoon cream uncovered on high for 1 minutes or until chips can be stirred smooth. Using a spoon or fork, drizzle over mixture.
- Microwave milk chocolate chips, in 20-second intervals, removing to stir, until completely smooth. Drizzle over mixture.
- Microwave white chocolate chips and 1 Tablespoon cream in 20-second intervals, removing to stir, until completely smooth. Drizzle over mixture.
- Refrigerate until set. Break apart and store in tightly covered container.
Get the print-friendly recipe here.