Monday, May 20, 2013

Holy Yum, Batman!

I was never much of a cook when I first met my husband. So while we were stationed in Hawaii, I made a real effort to try more recipes so we weren't eating hot dogs and beans every week. As I've gotten more comfortable with cooking, I've altered a recipe or two. Sometimes it is so-so, but sometimes it's awesome. Tonight was AWESOME!

I present to you...


I thought they were amazing, but when Scott says they are restaurant quality and only second to Hooters, I know they were good!!

Honey Garlic Chicken Wings*

1. Preheat oven to 425.
2. Line a rimmed cookie sheet with foil and place 8 tablespoons of butter, cut into pieces onto the sheet.
3. Wash and pat try approximate 30 pre-cut thawed chicken wings.
4. Mix together in a gallon ziploc bag:
  • 1 cup flour
  • 2 T ground ginger
  • 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
  • 1 T salt
  • 1/2 T black pepper
5. Put the cookie sheet into the oven for approximately 3 minutes or until butter has melted.
6. Place half of the wings into the ziploc and shake until coated.
7. Remove wings and place them on the cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining wings.
8. Toss wings on cookie sheet so the butter gets on all sides of the wings.
9. Bake for 30 minutes and remove. Mix wings on the sheet again and place back in the oven for an additional 15 minutes.
10. While you're waiting for the last 15 minutes prepare the sauce/glaze in a small saucepan over low heat:
  • 3/4 cup honey
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 3-4 cloves minced garlic (instead of this, I used Tastefully Simple's Garlic Garlic)
11. Remove wings from the over and place in a heat-resistant bowl. Immediately pour sauce over the wings and toss until covered.
12. Serve hot and enjoy the compliments!

Follow all my tried and loved recipes on Pinterest.

*Made by combining this recipe from Pinterest and this one from Food.com


No comments:

Post a Comment