Tuesday, November 27, 2012

The stand

Anyone who's ever had a meal with my daughter knows that she's the world's pickiest eater. I'm not saying that she arrived to that all on her own -- I know that I had a lot to do with it in raising her. I probably should've pushed more of a variety of foods (especially when she couldn't talk) and been stricter with her trying new things. But all the woulda, coulda, shouldas won't change it.

Shes always taken a long time to eat as well. To get her out of the door by noon, lunch is served at 11:15.

Now we've reached a new problem with eating. She's gotten very specific about what bowls, plates, and silverware she'll use.

Last night it hit the pinnacle. She wouldn't eat the four chicken nuggets and apple sauce that she specifically asked for. Why? Because I had moved a toy away from her on the table so she'd focus on eating and not playing.

It was the last straw. After being put in timeout for not eating, she was told no more food for the rest the day. While she was in timeout, my husband and I discussed how this is an ongoing issue that needs solved. I may have put my foot my mouth with this one, but I told her when she came back downstairs from here on out she is going to eat what is served. No more short order cook meals.

This morning, she had cereal. I put in the bowl and give her her spoon. Because her brother had the same kind of bowl, it became another battle. "This is a baby bowl. I'm not going to eat from it."

Ugh. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there. I SO admire parents. Toughest job that exists!

    ReplyDelete