Thursday, August 16, 2012

S'more cookie bars and some qt with my cutie

While D took his afternoon nap, Samantha and I baked up some yummy treats to bring to CT this weekend. I originally found a recipe on Pinterest but it called for a lot of butter, cinnamon, etc., some of which I didn't have on hand. So, we improvised a bit and it came out great!

Without further ado, here's the recipe:

1) Heat oven to 375.

2) Line a 9x13 pan with parchment paper, topping with graham crackers.

3) Make cookie dough (Nestlé toll house)
2-1/4 C flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 C (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
3/4 C granulated sugar
3/4 C brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, both sugars and vanilla in large mixer until creamy. Add eggs, beating well. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in chips, 1 cup at a time

4) Add one cup of mini-marshmallows to cookie mixture.



5) Spoon 1 tablespoon of cookie mixture on top of each square of crackers. I found that I had extra, so I made a small batch in a loaf pan, lining with parchment and crackers just like the first.

6) Bake for 8 minutes.

7) Remove and press one square of a Hershey's bar into cookie mixture. It took approximately 2-1/2 full size Hershey bars to do both pans.

8) Bake for an additional 5 minutes or until marshmallows begin to brown.

9) Let cool completely and cut into bars. I find a pizza cutter works best.

Enjoy!


 





No comments:

Post a Comment