Friday, August 3, 2012

Another food adventure

Anyone that knows me, knows that I'm a semi-homemade kind of gal. I do occasionally make things from scratch but with two small kids (and a tendency to mess up recipes) if I can use something pre-made I will.

With that said, tonight I tried another Pinterest inspired recipe -- corn dog muffins. I've been a big fan of using my muffin tin to make individual portions. Plus, they're easy to freeze!

All you do is make cornbread batter according to the package and then chop up hot dogs and add to the batter. My cornbread package was for 6 muffins so I added 1-1/2 hot dogs to it along with a 1/4 cup of shredded Mex blend cheese and baked according to the cornbread package. They came out great and D loved them too. Unfortunately, I forgot how crumbly corn muffins are, but Hershey certainly enjoyed the pieces that fell off of D's clothes as he got down from his high chair!

Here is a pic. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment