Saturday, July 28, 2012

Cooking for me. And D.

As some of you know (or have read), I have struggled with D and his eating habits. I am happy to report that we are no longer struggling! The kid has turned into a human trash compactor for the most part. He has eaten pierogies, sesame chicken with noodles, mac and cheese, and stuffed cabbage just to name a few. I figured since he liked the stuffed cabbage, I'd give another ground beef dish a try.

I love meatloaf but the leftovers can be daunting when it's just me and D eating since my daughter is uber-picky. I took a cue from Pinterest and made it in a muffin pan. This isn't the greatest picture, but here's my leftovers:


For those who are interested, here's the recipe:

1-1/2 lbs lean ground beef
1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
1 cup soft bread crumbs
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 egg, slightly beaten
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
1 tsp dry mustard (or ground mustard)

Heat oven to 350. Reserve 1/4 cup tomato sauce. In large bowl, all ingredients (except the reserve tomato sauce), mixing lightly but thoroughly.

Spray pan with Pam. Scoop mixture into muffin tin and top with reserved tomato sauce.

Bake in over for 30 minutes or until no longer pink. Mine were a tinge pink (sorry Toni!!). Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan.

I made some of them without the tomato sauce on top for D and he loved it. Hope you enjoy them too!

No comments:

Post a Comment